Hotmail login – www.hotmail.com. Since the inception, Hotmail has been adding new features to its domain. Today, when you log on to Outlook or Hotmail, you get to see several new features with the original overview. One gets to access task functions and use calendars with the modern layout. One can also contact organizations and use webmail facilities while enjoying the new look.
As Outlook and Hotmail have joined hands, the new co-joined web-based email platform attracts more users worldwide with its increased accessibility.
Login features of Hotmail.com
Before Hotmail has undergone renovation, the login steps for Hotmail account were very simplistic. With the following steps, one could access or log into his/her Hotmail accounts:
- One used to visit Hotmail.com or MSN.com to access Hotmail domain.
- One used to log in through Hotmail main page or MSN home page.
- The login panel required a username and a password to log into their email portal successfully.
- The steps mentioned above-allowed users to log into their respective Hotmail accounts successfully. One could also stay logged in by checking in the option, which gave them direct access to their inbox. This was recommended for the single user system.
However, things did not turn out to be that simple. With over-simplified user-interface, there was a severe breach of trust. A natural login process with an ordinary choice of password led to cyber-security issues, with a breach in security encryption.
To improve security standards and provide best cyber protection, Microsoft has introduced several new features to make the process more secured thereby preventing easy hacking.
Benefits of new Outlook.com Domain
With the unique bond between Hotmail and Outlook, you gain several advantages:
- Hotmail users can now enjoy the Metro UI base design of Outlook.
- Users will now enjoy unlimited storage facilities with an added calendar and contact management features.
- One can merge his/her Hotmail account with numerous Microsoft services. Hotmail users will benefit from using Microsoft features like OneDrive, Skype, Office Online, Windows Live ID, Xbox Live, and others. Their lucrative features are out-and-out attractive to existing Hotmail users.
- While Office Online and OneDrive are strictly inbox features, they also offer several other lucrative features that one can avail with Hotmail login options.
- The security measures have been enhanced to ensure user account privacy. With better email experience, one can now log into their accounts through their mobile devices.
- With the whole new and unified inbox experience, one can now arrange his existing and old correspondence.
- There are sweep features to efficiently separate and organize clutter emails and organize essential emails in allotted folders.
Hotmail login process
One needs to visit the new Outlook domain to login. Those who have not accessed their Hotmail account for long can do so by following these simple steps:
- By typing MSN.com or Hotmail.com like before, one will get redirected to the new domain.
- Sine Hotmail is now a part of Microsoft Outlook; the home page displays a login panel which is typical for all Microsoft services. You need to enter your registered email ID which serves as the username.
- The next page will ask for the password.
- When you have entered your details correctly, you will be redirected to your original Hotmail account with an entirely new look and feel.
How to create a new Hotmail account?
Although, Hotmail is now relatively new in its getup, creating an account is still hassle-free. One needs to follow these easy and simple steps:
- Type MSN.com or Hotmail.com and you will get directed to the login domain. There you will find the option to create a new account.
- You will get the Microsoft services form.
- Everything that one needs to do is to choose a unique username followed by password creation. The password should be at least of 8 characters long combining special characters and alphanumeric characters.
- You also need to implement other details like first name, last name, country of residence, registered phone number and an alternative email ID. This information is necessary for it further secures an account activity and is needed in case one has logged out of his/her account.
Features of Hotmail.com Login
Security is one of the main features that have been revamped for users of Hotmail. The features that make your account all the secure are:
- One can activate the two-step verification process through their mind. This provides all-around security.
- This process as mentioned earlier can be activated by a code requirement which needs to be typed in. This code is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Specific essential details need to be added in the security section of Hotmail like the registered phone number, country of residence, and an alternative email ID. These details need to be verified.
- These saved details are used to retrieve forgotten passwords. Moreover, when a suspicious login attempt is detected from a new device, these data inputs require to be verified.
- Additional security is entrusted by choosing two security questions. If one forgets his passwords, one can still login by answering these saved questions.
- You can also keep your phone in sync with your Microsoft account. This removes the hassle of incorporating passwords every single time during recurrent logins.
These are the specific benefits that users of Hotmail will get that will eventually make their experience completely safe.
Forget Hotmail Login Password
If you have forgotten your password and are facing difficulty in logging in, try out these simple steps:
- On the login panel, one has to click the “forgot password” link.
- The link will direct you to a page where you are required to enter your alternative email ID where you will receive the password resetting link. You can also choose to get a text message on your registered mobile number.
- Once you are done with the verification, you get to access your account and recreate a password.
www.hotmail.com Mobile Application
Hotmail login also comes in mobile Outlook apps. This application helps you to remain logged in anytime and anywhere, without suffering discontinuity with the professional world. Hotmail has now become handy
You need to download the Outlook application and get it installed. Log in with your Hotmail credential details. This makes your online experience comprehensive and more user-friendly.
You can keep yourself updated with your official correspondences. You can also share Office documents and so forth. Moreover, you can also integrate your social media accounts with Hotmail which will eventually allow you to receive all social media updates, posts, and notifications.
With Hotmail, your professional and social life becomes handy as you can interact without interference. Users who will continue with their Hotmail services will receive further updates to enhance performance and add new features with improved security.
With the Age of Information and the advent of primary mailing systems, the user base of Hotmail started to grow. Today, with collaboration with Microsoft, the new Outlook mailing service stands as one of the most user-friendly mailing portals with free web-based services.
Although the user interface with a new layout and other features have changed, one can still retain the classic look and can always access the former databases without incurring a problem.
Hotmail came into existence during the late nineties, at the beginning of proper internet connectivity. Hotmail has its users who are being served for decades now. Hotmail has grown with technological advancements, and today it stands united with Microsoft. With the recent buying of Hotmail by Microsoft, it was made a part of the MSN platform where the existing users can still have their accesses.
Microsoft then decided to bring together all Microsoft mailing platform on a single Live domain. Microsoft Outlook was recently launched and was made free from the shackles of Windows-based desktops. Today, Outlook and Hotmail stand united on Microsoft’s modern mailing system interface, with new features and ultra-security.
Hotmail was the first platform to introduce free web-based mailing system. It stands as a history maker in the domain of World Wide Web. Users then had the first experience to secure a free account on the Hotmail domain. Users got the freedom to access the free mailing web-based service from any corner of the globe. Hotmail has since been a part of the globalization program. Hotmail gloriously started off with a bare 8.5 million users, and now it finds its place among billions of daily users.