Hotmail Login: www.hotmail.com sign in. Everything has changed and so is our Hotmail. We always keep updating things but be with a traditional touch. That’s what Microsoft did with Hotmail. Microsoft acquired Hotmail, which was the product of an Indian Entrepreneur Sabeer Singh Bhatia and renamed it as Hotmail.
www.hotmail.com – Hotmail Login Features
Hotmail was previously known as the Windows Live Hotmail service which turned to Outlook.com. You don’t have to worry about the login to your account. You can still access your existing account with the interface of outlook.com. If you want to log in to your Hotmail account and you are clicking on the URL http://www.hotmail.com, then that site will definitely redirect you to another page of Microsoft. It gives proper access to Microsoft accounts which includes MSN, Store, Outlook, OneDrive, Skype, and others. You can create your Microsoft Hotmail account with the web address ending with @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, and @msn.com. If you are going to log in with your Hotmail web address, then you can access many Microsoft services. At present, the Outlook.com offers virtual storage which is unlimited and free, connections toFacebook, Skype, Google, LinkedIn and Twitter, a Built-in Search, option of Spam Filtering and mobile access along with the email service of the Outlook for free.
How to Create New Hotmail Account?
You might be wondering how you can create a new Hotmail account even after it got converted to Outlook.com. As mentioned earlier, you can use hotmail.com in the web address. So, if you don’t have any account of Hotmail and you want to create one, then just follow the steps. For creating a new one, you will have to use a web browser instead of an app as it can’t be processed in any mobile app. Here are the steps to create one Microsoft email account:
- Enter http://www.outlook.com in the URL section of web browser and open the page.
- You will find a block of creating a free account. Click on it.
- Now enter your email address as per your choice and use the drop-down menu to select the domain or email address which can be @hotmail.com or @outlook.com on a mobile phone.
- Click Next. Enter the password you want to create. You must keep in mind while creating that it should be of at least eight characters including one digit and one alphabet. Enter the password in the text field provided. If you don’t want to receive promotional emails in your inbox you can uncheck send me promotional emails from Microsoft.
- Enter your first name and last name in the space provided and click on Next.
- Select your location i.e., the country name using the drop-down menu.
- Click on next after filling your birthdate.
- Now you need to verify that you’re not a robot. Here you will be provided a captcha which should be entered into the box with uppercase and lowercase importance. You can also get the audio to listen to the characters appeared.
- Now enter the country code i.e., telephonic code and enter your number. You will send a 6- digit OTP password on your phone. Enter that to verify your number.
- Now select your language and time-zone of the country.
- Click on Save.
Now you’re ready to use your new email account of Microsoft. You can access all the services of Windows easily using this one.
Login to Your Hotmail.com Account
If you have an existing Hotmail email account, you need not worry. You can easily get logged in using the http://outlook.live.com. Yes, you can access your Hotmail account. Now, follow the steps to log in to your account.
- Open the web browser and enter http://outlook.live.com and click on Sign in.
- Enter the email address ending with @hotmail.com which you previously used.
- Enter the password keeping case sensitivity of it in mind.
- Click on Sign in to continue accessing your account and enjoy all the services provided by Microsoft.
However, there are cases in which log in shows error. This is due to a few reasons like you forget your password or any other. For this, Microsoft Outlook is providing other options to get over this situation. Here are the steps which you need to follow to recover your account.
- On the same sign in page of Outlook, click on can’t access your account option.
- Your account page will appear where you can choose the option which is not letting your login process complete.
- Select the option. Click on continue.
- To complete the successful recovery, Microsoft will give you a set of instructions. Follow the instructions to access your account again.
- If you have lost your password then either you create a new account if you want or just continue the same by verifying the last registered phone number.
- If you verify your number, by entering the OTP password in the web page of Microsoft, you will be again able to set up a new password.
- Use that new password to log in again.
You can use Outlook app which is available in both play store and app store to log in and access Microsoft Outlook email services. Enjoy all the Hotmail features by signing into your account through a web browser.
Advantages of Hotmail
There are several advantages of Hotmail when compared to other webmail services.
- It allows its user to create personal folders so as to make different sections of each type of fields.
- If you are using this account, you can get extra free services provided by Microsoft i.e, open the word documents in SkyDrive, giving access to traditional word interface.
- You can even chat with your face friends to avoid the hassle of other pages.
- You can work multiple works using one web page.
- It also syncs your profile make a calendar of dates that are important to you. You need not carry the headache of remembering dates. It can be done easily and you can manage all your events properly through the Microsoft calendar.
- You can even opt out of promotional emails in your inbox.
- Exchange Active Sync is a program designed especially for the corporate user base in order to sync all the contacts, mail and calendar. Outlook.com enables this program for free for its users while the other service providers are taking payments to avail this service.
- You can access its few services only free of cost. All the services are not available for free even on Microsoft.
Hotmail is very popular of its time. It was launched in 1996. Before it was launched, there used to be taxed for e-mail system too. It brought the free system e-mail in the world of mailing. It is a popular and widely accepted free online mailing service by Microsoft. It was named Hotmail as perusing the language name i.e., HTML. Hotmail name looked not so reliable to everyone. So, in 2012, Hotmail was replaced by Outlook.com under the supervision of Microsoft. This webmail service was very popular among their users. But slowly, it lost its pace due to the arrival of other webmail services. It can be accessed through any browser and Outlook app on smartphones. The Hotmail has got transformed into Outlook.com and if you don’t have any Hotmail account, even though you can create a new one which will end with @hotmail.com.